View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 06:30 PM   #9
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Earlier this year I modeled SA by distance for both dirt and turf and I also did GP for just the sprint distances of 6f, 7f and 8f. Its in a similar format as Bill V's info with best of last three info, black boxed from RDSS. The SA info stops once they took some time off to redo the dirt track.

There are two files that are rather large and probably cannot be linked to this email, so if you PM me with your interest I will send them via regular email. I also broke down the data by maiden and non maiden, but you will see that once you starting slicing and dicing the data, sample size becomes an issue at times.

In doing these studies I found, in discussions with Ted primarily, that Vdc and all of the Pace of Races stats are arbitrarily high due to ties in the rankings (Vdc especially) and in cases where horses in todays race are coming from the same race, their POR numbers are the same so sometimes you have 4 "best" numbers for 1F, 2C, etc. which makes a top 4 rank unuseable.

In general, the CSR info is better for dirt races. Top 3 or 4 data from final odds can be a little suspect, because in all cases these are the final odds from the race chart and those odds or ranks ARE NOT necessarily the same as what you might bet on, one or two minutes prior to PLANNED post time.

Like I said PM me with your regular email and I will send them on.

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote