View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Woodbine - place, show and 4th info

Place, show and 4th place horse from woodbine, sorted by distance.

A small caveat. This last week of racing in Toronto had several huge fields most probably because it was a last chance to make money before either shipping out or wintering in. So I expect that the prices on some of the favorites were artificially higher than normal as a result of 12 and sometimes 15 horse fields. There were obviously a lot of horses running for one last piece of a purse that were not really win contenders.

One item of interest relating to Per 1 rankings. Horses with very high, in fact too high '%med' often ranked in the top 2 or 3 Per 1 rankings. (and often as a result would appear in the top 3 BL/BL) At first based on intuition and later supported by the summary of winning '%med' info I threw these horses out of the mix. For example surprisingly often you could find a #1 TE horse which was also #1 Per 1 horse with a %med of say 71.3 for a sprint. These horses seldom, if ever, hit the top 2 spots on the board despite their total energy ranking and Per 1 ranking.

Note: This study was made before Richie layed open the wonders of The Matchup. One of my long term goals is to revisit this work to see if I can identify any of the spot plays developed by Richie with The Hat's tutelage.

Happy to answer any questions.

Bill
Attached Files
File Type: xls Woodbine 2nd-4th Summary.xls (56.0 KB, 1189 views)
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote