View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Smitty, everything in Val2 and Val3 was incorporated into RDSS. VDC-R is the rank of the VDC factor and TOT-R might be Total Energy rank, both of which are foundational to the later Methodology and thus RDSS.

If you can reference the Follow Up Issue and Page, I might be able to comment on those other readouts you mention, or (if I understand them) what they morphed into in later versions of Validator and thus RDSS.

Also - maybe others who worked with those earlier versions of Validator might know more exactly what those represent, though I'm pretty sure they represent a measure of Deceleration at different race segments. The final VDC formula incorporated several of those earlier broken-out measurements into one final composite measure of velocity tempered by deceleration.

I've always thought it wise to defer to Howard in the notion of not confusing people with too many (sometimes redundant) readouts. VDC in its final format incorporates some incremental readouts which formerly got separated out in earlier versions of Validator - sort of a work in progress towards a good single number capturing Velocity relative to Deceleration.

That's what I've got, so far!

Welcome back to the neighbourhood

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote