Thread: Race selection
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 01:32 PM   #27
Mitch44
Grade 1

Hello Bill,

I'm talking about the race in this post the 4th @ SA. I made a point in reference to horse #1 line 5 being an ugly race and winning its next race (Line #4) after a long layoff. I believe that's where your confused.

Under Sartin concepts he expounded on 5 horses for contenders. The 5th horse was there for record keeping purposes and for those wanting to play EX.'s etc. He also does not throw a horse out for a bad last race line. he used the best of the last 3 at a comparable distance and surface.

His latest teachings were for those that could not get contenders to give every horse a line ( using best of last 3 . . . ) and scratch from the worse to the top 5. Using TPR/ Tot. En etc. He didn't care how one got their contenders if they had the winner in those five 94% of the time. He then allowed the computer and program to sort out which were the best and employ two horse betting.

Anytime you asked for opinions on races I feel as through I'm free to express them. And with so many new members and some old ones I believe its important to stay within Sartin's main tenants for them to succeed. How they separate those final 4 or 5 is a horse of another color.

I don't ask people to put up races that specifically meet my criteria to demonstrate my expertise. Each race has a different makeup and presents different challenges therefore they shouldn't be cherry picked. I also don't want members or those who visit this site to think we're cherry picking races to put up. While they may provide some teaching points they can and some do not look well to visitors or those learning. I stated a specific post where this happen in my last post.

There are only a very small % of races that a reason can't be found for the winner.
Nobody wins money after the fact with idealism.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 06-21-2018 at 01:43 PM.