View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:50 AM   #24
Lt1
Grade 1

Hi Mike how you doing?. I am a 2 horse win bettor and use the odds to dictate bets. If the 2 I want to bet have low odds I will forgo a win bet and instead look to see if any money can be made playing a dd or ex if not I pass the race. I don't play many of the other type of the exoticis
The only time I look at trainer stats is to see how they do in certain areas such as horses coming off layoffs,or with claims etc. With jocks most of the time I couldn't tell you whose on my choices. I found that most of the time my contenders have good trainers and jocks involved with them. I never tracked whether a straight win bet on the number 1 would produce a profit, but since most of them are of the low paying variety, I would guess it wouldn't. When it comes to ex betting I check the probable payoffs. I will
key my top 2 sometimes but most times I box. Doc taught us that for exs box the top 3 and for tris box the top 4. I find win bets, and dds are my best source of profit. Hope to see you at the Spa this year.
Tim