View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 03:26 PM   #30
For The Lead
Grade 1

Re: the original post

I seldom visit the site anymore due to my current state of health. It seems I stopped by at the right time, however.

I started keeping a database in 1997 and kept it for many, many years, as some of you may already know.

Starting with my first year, one of the things I wanted to know was exactly what the original poster talked about.

Although the original poster gave the stat base on $1 wagered, I did my research based on a $2 wager. It all amounts to the same thing.

I can tell you that the information provided for year 2019 is NOT new. It did not happen all of a sudden out of the blue.

In each and every year starting back in 1997, the return by betting $2 on each horse has been $1.53 (rounding either up or down).

So although I am in agreement with the original posters assessment for the year 2019, based on an outside source's work, this has been the case for more than 20 years. It is NOTHING new.

Be it smaller fields today or larger fields 20 years ago, the end result for this particular stat remains the same.

Thanks for your attention and good luck to all of you.