Thread: New Matcher
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #1
GeorgeC5614
Grade 3

Smile New Matcher

I was browsing through the forums trying to work on my contender selections when I stumbled across a thread that had a link to the Mind's Eye threads. I read through them and was like wow. I wish I had been around back when that forum was active. I then went through the forum from the beginning to the end. Some of the links don't work anymore, but the way Richie wrote the lessons I was still able to follow most of it. He may have said the Mr. Bradshaw was a great teacher, but Richie is also a mighty fine teacher in his own right!

I am having trouble with some of the steps, such as determining when a race will run early. I still get that wrong many times, which of course means I miss the race. The matchup contest is helping, but I still end up with the place horse more often than the winner. Last weekend I felt a bit over my head with the races (too many good horses to find just one).

Equibase has a one day pass on their Past Performances which allows you to download the PP's for all the tracks running that day. I have a bunch of cards to work on that have already run, but I do not know the results. I also figured out how to extract a single race from the PDF of the entire card which helps a lot Is it alright to post some races that have already run, and that gave me trouble to see if the more experienced matchers can offer some guidance? Hope I didn't ramble too much
GeorgeC5614 is offline   Reply With Quote