View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #1
NeedForSpeed
AlwNW3X

Understanding RDSS to its Fullest

Hi All
Been 1 year now since I joined Pace and Cap and used RDSS and need to get some opinions. First though allow me to outline my year. First and foremost Ted is a true scholar and gentleman. Dude went out of his way to introduce me to the product and get me started in the right direction. That included phone calls and Skype time. I started by learning about profiles and money management and creating a number of spreadsheets. I then went out on my own with what I learned and did some light betting. What I found out was RDSS definitely made me better. But after a year I have rethought my approach. I believe I was looking at it in too simplified and generic a manner. I was looking at individual columns and highest rankings and such and was getting lost in that thinking.
So I took a break and am currently taking another direction. See a lot of you people are familiar with these programs from the beginning or around that timeframe. That means around 1990 and forward a lot of these programs were delved into and then incorporated into RDSS. I need to get my head back into that time frame and go forward. So I started reading posts beginning in 2008 (I think that’s as far back as it goes) to see what was working for people. From there I want to delve in even further and find out what makes those things tick.
What I am finding out are 2 programs that stood out. ENERGY and SPEC. I also found a poster – Tim Y – who has a great grasp of the tools and is very smart. He liked to look at Total Energy, % Median and E/L for a horse in PP’s to find if the horse was improving or regressing. I like that approach it fits what I am comfortable with. I have improved myself finding a horses running style, noting the pace of the upcoming race and choosing contenders. I want to be able to now get a complete understanding of energy and early late pace and incorporate that into today’s pace. So here is what I am asking.
1- Are ENERGY and SPEC indeed great programs to start my understanding? Are there manuals or docs available (maybe on this site) that cover these programs? Tim Y would post sample screens when he explained a race. That’s great for those who have used the program but no so much for me.
2- Ted in RDSS where specifically are ENERGY and SPEC covered? A lot of posters came to the conclusion to not use all the tools and programs but to find what works for you and stick with it. RDSS is all encompassing so if I could concentrate on parts and get to know them that would be ideal.
Thanks to all.
NeedForSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote