View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
Jeebs
Grade 1

Reflecting on my month with the Methodology

I've been on P&C for a few years now, and have been an on/off subscriber of RDSS. When I decided to "re-up" if you will last month, I decided that I was going to commit myself to finally using RDSS "the right way" - and by that, I mean choosing MY OWN lines instead of depending on a default strategy (which can work IF you put your OWN thinking into that too, some of those line selections may not be comparable due to factors).

Bankroll was a factor in starting up. In a perfect world, I would have $500-$1000 to the side. Unfortunately, life doesn't always work that way when you have a family and have to take care of bills and groceries, etc. Nevertheless, I took a $20 deposit (which is absolutely NOT an optimal strategy) and decided to make a go of it at Tampa.

March 1st, My first wager ($14 in Win dutches), netted me a $16.40 profit. Ok, we have something going here. Next wager, $6 in Dutch bets, nets a $10.80 profit. Two races, up $27.20. Life is good.

Next day, I find a single race from Gulfstream. Again, $15 in Win Dutch bets. A price horse off hiding the chalk gets home, and my profit for the day is $29. Through Day 2, the account is up $56.20. Not bad for an initial $20 outlay.

Day 3, I choose 3 races at Gulfstream. 1st race, a $20 dutch nets a $20.80 total profit. Race 5, a 3-horse Dutch totalling $24 nets a $38.40 profit. Hot hand. Race 11 sees me take my first "whiff". Still a black day, $39.20 to the good. Overall, the account is up $95.40 heading into the weekend.

Day 4 was my first losing day. I played 8 races total from different tracks (Gulf, Tampa, Sam Houston, Delta, Santa Anita). While I did have a few cashes, the account took a $41.50 swing in the wrong direction.

Sunday (Day 5), I select two races at Tampa. This was in my opinion, a killing. Race 1, I fall in love with a single horse. Instead of a Dutch, I bet it straight up for $10. Horse wins at an $11.20 mutuel and through 1 race, up $46. Then, it happens: I hide a chalk and make a $20 Dutch with two mid pricers. A $12.50 price on a $12 wager nets a $55 race profit, a $101.60 day profit and a $155.50 total account profit after 15 races in 5 days. Walking on air.

Two losing days playing 3 early Parx races soon follow, swinging the bankroll down $28. It happens. I get back into stride that Wednesday at Tampa, albeit modestly. I profit $32.80 on a 2-horse $20 total win Dutch before a 2nd similar Dutch ends in a whiff. $12.80 profit is still a profit for the day.

I then end my initial 20-race bow in style. I do a $5 Dutch in a turfer that I have reservations about and collect a Mark Casse bomb off the bench to the tune of $30.60. After a small whiff at Oaklawn, I conclude the cycle with an $11 profit betting two horses at a Gulfstream.

The results of this 20-race cycle: $374 wagered, $544.90 returned. $1.46 ROI. A profit of $170.90 off an initial $20 deposit. This was a massive success. And there would be more to come... or so I thought. Part 2 next.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote