Thread: printer
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 10:13 PM   #6
MikeB
Grade 1

I needed a laser printer and an ink jet when I ran a small business out of my house, and continue to prefer the convenience of using both. Depending on your needs, you might prefer one or the other.

Being old school, I like printed PPs. I use Brisnet, and print out about 200 pages of PPs a week on my laser, about 20 pages per card. I would not like to do that on an inkjet. If printing very low volumes, the ink jet would probably be more useful, adding the conveniences of being able to print color and to make copies.

If shopping for a laser, I would look for a factory reconditioned printer designed for the small business market, not one aimed at home use. Those machines are designed for heavier usage than a home unit. I am not as familiar with ink jets, but have had no problems with my Brother printer. When in doubt, I always start with the customer reviews on Amazon.

In either case, do not buy manufacturer toner or ink. As I said, V4INK is tops for toner. I have not bought ink in some time. When I need some, I will go on Amazon and look for sellers with a high percentage of very good reviews.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote