Thread: Del Mar 2013
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Sat August 24 Meeting Info

Folks,

Here are the details for our Saturday August 24 get together at Del Mar.

We will reserve a group of tables in the clubhouse ground floor and have a workshop / meet+greet beginning at 8:30am, running through the end of the races on Saturday.

The gates are open at Del Mar for 'Early Bird' admission beginning at 7:30am, then closed again at 10am. Gates open for the racing day at 12 noon (i.e. you can't get in between 10 and 12 noon). If you can join us before 10am, that's great. otherwise, please drop by any time during the racing day. If you want a seat at the tables, get there early, say 8:30 - we won't be able to camp on unoccupied tables for very long.

If you want someone to save a table seat for you, please respond below. I'd guess you need to show up by 9am to claim your saved seat, after which it will probably be difficult to reserve them further.

Directions

1. Park in the Main Lot ($10 fee)

2. Take the free tram to the first stop - the Clubhouse. Walk straight back.

3. As you enter the building, you'll see an escalator - walk past it.

4. You'll come to an open area - turn right then walk down to the end.

5. You'll see a group of tables with some friendly faces and computers set up. The area is only a few feet away from the track, and is on the ground floor.

6. There are TVs, betting terminals and mutuel windows. Power for computers and wireless internet access.

Here is what the area looks like (photo courtesy of Bill V )

Name:  Meeting area.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  54.8 KB

The agenda is casual, but if anyone wants to review Methodology best practices, or has questions about using RDSS, there will be many people to help out. Otherwise, we'll be working the day's races, sharing stories and handing out watching and betting the races.

I asked Mariana Sartin to join us and she will try if her schedule that day permits.

Looking forward to seeing lots of you there!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote