View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
racer100
Grade 3

Smile one way to handicap successfully - please review

Greetings to all,
I am new on this board and a young kid so I don't claim to have a lot of experience with handicapping. I gave been doing this for about 2 years now as a hobby and making some good pocket change along the way. I wanted to start this thread to show my way of handicapping and get some serious feedback from you all as the experts with Speculator and RDSS. I recently started using Speculator 1.60 and with the generous help of Mr. Craven I am making some good progress in using it. Ok lets get to business here.
The race I am showing is for the Tampa 02-06-07 and in particular race #1, #2 and especially #4. Races #1 and #2 are chaulk..I think anybody with a bit of common sense can pick those without using any program. I show a screenshot of those just for your reference so you see how my way of handicapping works. Race #4 is a good one..a $396 trifecta which is a good return for your efforts.
Along with Spec 160 I use a program called Speed Handicapper 5.0 which gives me the Carroll Speed ratings. The CS ratings are an improved version of Beyer ratings and they show what the public does not see basically. Along with those I use the Moss Pace ratings as a secondary check. I posted race #4 in the way Speed Handicapper gave it to me after picking one representative line for each horse with 100% Track Constants applied and calculated. The result speaks for itself and what my question is here for you -- how could I have handicapped this race with Spec 1.60 or RDSS to arrive at the same result? I asked Mr. Craven and he was generous enough to send me his analysis step by step which I will post here as well a bit later. First I wanted to get some feedback from you to see how I can "marry" the PPs selected with Speed Handicapper and feed them into Spec160..or can Spec160 be used to come up with the same results on its own? Please pay attention to the dates of the PP for each horse which can then be selected in the Spec160 and analysis be ran afterwards. I look forward your input and enjoy the workout!
Attached Images

racer100 is offline   Reply With Quote