View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I was about 50/50 on whether to spend some time in Saratoga this year. This tips my personal inclination towards going!

Should we get some tables again like last times? They are always sheltered, have power, betting kiosks right there. Or will the other locations Jeebs or Charlie B (Gandalf380) accommodate a group, with power and shelter and occasional peace to have conversations?

I had been thinking about Alabama Stakes weekend - our usual: August 18-20. I don't think PaceAdvantage members gather as a formal group anymore, though there are many folks who are members of both groups.

3 tables in the Festival tent (our previous location) accommodate 18 people uncomfortably, 12 - 15 more comfortably. Not sure 2017 pricing (usually comes out any week now - along with reservation requests). Depending on interest,4 tables might be optimal - everyone attending to chip in day by day to cover costs (I can front the $$$).

People can still purchase grandstand seats if they want to spend some time watching races live and some time in the group.

What say you all? If we're a go - I'll send out a general mailing. We could also arrange a Friday evening like we often do handicapping the Saturday Alabama Stakes at the NHPLAY offices or condo.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-21-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote