View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #5
lone speed
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Lead View Post
Your welcome, but I'm not sure how much of a "invisible defense shield" it is.

In the past I have taken hits for posting about races after the fact. Obviously the people that complain are just not aware of the fact that every race is approached in the same manner as the race before AND after it. I don't cherry pick races and I don't tailor the approach to the race(s) in order to get the winner. That would defeat the entire purpose of what I am trying to show, which is a logical, consistent approach that will get winners, not all of them, but many of them and some with significant prices.

If anything, I fear I may have put you in the line of fire!!
For The Lead,

You have my upmost respect for your concise and consistent approach to paceline selection and contender evaluations. Whether it is before the fact or after the fact. Your consistent guidelines and evaluation steps are set in stone as you have alluded to the Paceline manual many times.

I am a little surprised that in your posted Rdss Belmont readouts, Palace Malice was tied for the top spot on Energy. I was not surprised that Palace Malice won the Belmont.

Palace Malice fits the profile of previous high early energy horses like Ruhlmann and Fly Till Dawn and many others who showed Grade One pace fractions for the early pace before fading down the stretch. These type of energy horses are often overlooked by the betting public when they are placed in longer distances. Public perceptions are that if they faded at shorter distances; certainly they will fade in longer distances....It is an optical illusion that a closer like Orb who won the Derby will cherish the mile and a half Belmont. It is important to make note that Orb did not win the Derby with a great sustained energy. Orb won because the front field of the early pace collapsed from the extreme fast fractions.

It is best to think in horsepower....which type of horses expend the most horsepower....The high energy early pace horse who can set a extreme pace fraction and run a respectable last fraction relative to the early pace and the high sustained energy horse who can run a breathtaking sustained fraction. Verrazano just ran a breathtaking sustained fraction in last week's Pegasus stakes at Monmouth.

For The Lead, your Rdss readout for the Belmont and analysis is consistent with all of your race presentations in the Teaching section. You are a poster with integrity and unselfishness that resonates with the spirit of the Sartin Methodology...

Many thanks for your contributions!!!
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote