View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
NeedForSpeed
AlwNW3X

First off thanks Lone Speed – you gave me the opening for me to state my background and intentions here. I think everyone here deserves to know that about me when they are taking time out to write to my postings. Bill it’s great to hear from you I appreciate what you said. I’ll always bring a good attitude and try my best. Mistakes will be made along the way but I am learning a lot. I’ve read FTL’s posts and they have been amazingly helpful. The race that you see in this thread I worked on for the last 3 days. I used it to try to figure things out. Hitting buttons, understanding all the screens and columns. I was just thrashing my way through. I was selecting pace lines and it wasn’t coming together until I ran across an FTL posting showing how you select contenders first then the pace lines. I practiced that on my race then I ran across FTL’s learning post with a Sartin follow up on 2 races having us select contenders and horse types and pace lines. I did that and nailed them both. At that point my confidence level shot up and I went back to my OP race and it starting becoming clear. At that point I wanted to post what I had done mainly to see if I was doing this right and following the methodology. I feel I’ve taken a step here. Hard to explain really so I won’t. Thanks again Bill I will post again soon and I look forward to reading your past postings as I slog through here.