View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 12:58 PM   #4
barb craven
Grade 1

Hi latekick To answer your questions - most can be answered by saying Best 2 TPP lines period, if they are turf lines. Doesn't seem to matter whether they are sprint or route or how far back you have to go. I've been told by Richie P., coming from Jim Bradshaw, that turf horses don't have a form factor.

I'm still working out how to solve the lines if there is only 1 turf line and the rest dirt, or if there are only dirt lines. If there is only 1 turf line, that's what I'll use. If there are only dirt lines, I think I will use the top 2 TPP as well. I'm still not sure how that will play out. Maybe rmath has run across that. I'll ask him. At Saratoga, that hasn't much of a problem so far, but if there was only 1 turf line I would leave it at that, and if only dirt, that I don't know yet.
I'm starting to work Woodbine where there a lot of horses that have only run on poly. Other years I've had no trouble interchanging turf and poly lines, but with the new poly surface I'm not sure. So far I've worked 6 races and had 5 in the top 4 tiers.

This still so new I'm sure there will be a lot more questions after a couple of hundred races. Thanks for your interest. If you have any ideas, lets explore them here.
Barb
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote