View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 12:20 AM   #3
poweshow
AlwNW2X

1: 1st line - no reason to not use this line. Horse is improving each start off of a layoff.
2: 2nd line - bumped at the start in its last start with the comment " bmpd st, done early" - go to next line
3: 1st line - If a horse performs well in his first race back from a layoff I might "unlock" the rest of the PP's but this horse never ran. The comment is "stumbled start, no bid" but still, I can't forgive zero run off of a layoff.
4: 2nd line - not ideal but no other real options
5: scratch
6: 1st line - ran very well in first start back from layoff -2nd best line- so went with that
7: 3rd line - I used the 3rd line but I should have used the 1st line. My thought process was that the horse never got the lead in its last race, something that its done in 7/10 races so I had to use a line where he got the lead as I figured he'd once again be on it again today. 2nd line he got the lead but completely faded late... so I went to the 3rd line. Again, in hindsight I probably should have used the 1st line, but this was my thought process and with the outside bias at Del Mar I was comfortable doing so.

I'm one of the newer RDSS users around so I'm still learning (and losing) a ton, so don't take those line selections as the gospel, just another voice chiming in.
poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote