View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 12:40 PM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

% Med. arrived in 1988 and was first introduced in Synergism II, a program I had around 1990. It replaced the old % Early and used all 3 Fractions rather than just SC and 3rd FR., making it much more accurate.

The formula for it is (F1 + F2) / (F1+ F2+F3).Its within RDSS and automatically computed by the Feet Per Second fractions. It is not a stand alone Factor but more a supplementary tool that can eliminate contenders. I.e. in the race above 6 horses were stretching out and automatically it eliminates the # 1 & 3 as being too early, of the six stretch outs the 2 & 14 were best on HE and Late with the # 14 & 2 the 1 & 2 counter energy horses. Also the 2 & 14 put together two good FR's (2 & 3rd )which is confirmed on the Vel-POH screen.

In the case of the winner above (#2) he was in the money 9 of 10 races and won 3 of them. The public assumes he is a sprinter but an examination of his % M and his % M ESP dictates he can stretch out. Note: the % Med and the visual ESP are completely different, the visual is for the match up and the % M ESP for all other uses. The parameters for the % Med ESP are much more accurate than the visual ESP. A horse can go wire to wire and not be an E type horse. The public is fooled by this frequently to include many RDSS users.

Those that keep a % Med Track Profile will be able to determine if a shipper can adapt to today's track , adapt to Turf or stretch out. I play too many different tracks for these profiles but if I only played 1 track I would keep one. I understand concept so I'm able to employ it without a profile.

Stretch out are a common handicapping problem that a player must deal with. Anytime you can eliminate even 1 contender or horse you are closer to your goal of winning. The public can not deal with stretch outs and they generally pay much more than your everyday winner. Even if you missed this big EX. the winner # 2 payed $ 30.20 to win. I also wrote about the value of % Med in a previous thread.Get this tool in your toolbox!

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote