View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 01:47 AM   #9
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Or you could add them anywhere in the middle of the data and resort by any way you chose, date, race number, distance, sex, surface, etc.

But be advised, the further the breakdown of data, the fewer data points in each set, so you might have a months worth of data at SA, for example, but only have 4 or 5 six furlong races for 4+ yo fillies and mares.

So far at SA the best factors over all races on dirt are V/dc and Final Odds - with both being in the low to hi 80% range for the top 4 choices. No other single factor over ALL races comes close.

On turf these two factors over all distances and sexes still lead but with slightly less percentages for the top four.

The most predictable races are at 7 furlongs where several factors limit the winner to the top two in those categories.

When I get back from Australia I will post my SA findings since opening day. You will see how few races in each category have a representative number of races.

Until then,

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote