View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 09:02 AM   #75
DontSayDont
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLHORSE View Post
FTL:
In Race RP 4, Sept. 16, 2017 (8.3 F) Condition CL s7.5 N3-L - and regarding Horse #9, line 2, the condition reads: CL c5/11 N2-L. I am studying your threads "religiously" and appreciate the time you are taking to teach us (I am really new to all this.). Can you explain the condition CL c5/11 N2-L? I have seen the small letter "c" before in a condition, but can not find the meaning any where. Thank you so much.
This is the condition of the Sept. 16th race: (8.3 F) 8.3 furlongs or 1.70 which is 1 mile and 70 yards. (CL s7.5) It is a claiming CL race and horses entered can be purchased from the race for $7,500 (7.5). The small s in front of the 7.5 indicates that this is a race for Oklahoma bred horses as they are at Remington Park. (N3-L) This race is also restricted to non-winners of 3 races (N3) lifetime (L).

The horses condition from line 2 is: (CL) Claiming (c) was claimed in that race. (5/11) horses entered at RP many times run with 2 different claiming prices, 1 price for non-Oklahoma breds (the smaller price) and the 2nd price (larger) is the claiming price of Oklahoma breds. There is an OR in this as sometimes horses can be entered as: 14k - 12k which is a way a trainer can get additional weight off this horse. It would work like: horses entered where they can be claimed for 14k have to carry 124 lbs but if a trainer wants to enter his horse where it can be claimed for 12k it will only have to carry 120 lbs. You just need the complete conditions for the race to know the difference. Next is the N2-L. It is restricted to horses who have only won (broke their maiden) 1 race or non-winners of 2 races lifetime.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you worse

Ray