Thread: Parx 1 - 20
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 02:02 PM   #9
Lt1
Grade 1

Ok let me try to clarify what I do. First since joining the group in 1990 I have followed the Docs' teaching as closely as I could when it comes to handicapping and wagering. For those who may have forgotten or never knew the Doc recommended betting 2 horses to win[odds permitting and boxing your top 3 for the exacta and top 4 for tris. Back in those days p3s were just coming into the picture[ Jimmy called them the best bet in racing]. Rolling dds didn't exist and most other types of bets available today didn't either nor did the ability to play tracks all over the country. I started with the top 5 ranked Profit Line and Bris Prime Power horses as my contenders. When I post my selections they are in my order of preference prior to wagering beginning. My betting is based on what is happing live. Like Darryl I prefer the dds and exactas since I can see the payoff prices. I wagercap my win bets. I also will play p3s when I feel I have 1 or 2 vulnerable favs or likely 2nd choices in the sequence. No way do I play every race on the card or every exotic. bet. When it comes to the recap Ted requested that those who post selections also post our results. All I do with my recap is to show how the the 4 faired on that day plus the exotics hits were in the top 4 so folks can decide for themselves whether my selections are worth following or not. Also, since, I maintain models for each track I play I keep 5 contenders in my final mix. I hope this clears up any confusion my post may have caused the members of this site.
Tim