Thread: Bill Benter
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 11:13 AM   #9
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Please Read Carefully

Partsnut (Bill H) -

I reinstated your earlier post which Bill V deleted (after consulting with him), but I edited it to remove inappropriate comments criticizing another Member contrary to the PaceandCap Code of Conduct. You've been around here long enough to know the rules of civil commentary, and been banned once before (or more?) for similar reasons.

You (and any member) are more than welcomed to express differences of opinion BUT they must always be done with RESPECT. Many of your recent comments on the other hand - in my opinion - seem to have a tone of condescension, feel pedantic and absolutist and filled with barely concealed disrespect for Dr Sartin, his legacy and current community.

Some of these posts of yours have been recently edited by me to omit those comments, and for example, to suggest a posture of gratitude for those who congratulated you and wished you well in your Contest adventures (including me). I guess my 'hint' was too subtle (sigh) ... Really - what's the point of haranguing us about how we are deluded or using outdated/faulty software or following not credible teachers. You don't enter someone's own home to tell them they're a fool. That's not how you 'gain friends and influence people'.

This has nothing to do with your choice of software tools (Betmix, which seems to be serving you well - congratulations). Betting strategy is always at least as important (IMO) as handicapping analysis tools and this thread's opening thesis is at least in part about that idea. I have told you before that you are more than welcomed to post your Selections for all to see and compare, and to follow up with the results as several others do (only NOT merely post a link offsite to those selections).

However - keep the Betmix usage notes to the Betmix Forum, similarly - HTR usage notes to the HTR Forum, Black Magic to the Pizolla Black Magic forum, Jcapper and HSH to their own dedicated respecive forums, etc. And PaceandCap is for Sartin Methodology, RDSS and older Sartin software - along with concepts espoused by Dr Sartin in the Follow Ups.

You are welcomed to reply - BUT your future posts may not be disrespectful to Members (overtly or veiled) or to the Sartin Methodology in general. If you wish to do that, do it in Private or elsewhere. Bill V and I reserve the right to be the final deciders of what is respectful tone of voice and what is not. In general I am pretty forgiving (please check our previous interactions) - but only to a point.

Right now, I consider the 'ban button' to be in YOUR hands. Enough said.

With respect.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote