Thread: Profit line
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 09:51 PM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnl97 View Post
I live in Texas so Twin Spires will not let me register. The RDSS-2 CONFIGURE tab indicates I need a login for Twin Spires to be able to access PROFIT LINE. RX3 which uses PROFIT LINE is also providing data. Does Twin Spires no longer require a login? Is the data provided for Profit Line and Rx3 legit?
Mike, you actually don't need to login to TwinSpires to get the ProfitLine or Prime Power ratings. Simply leave the Download TS Ratings Task checked in the Data Centre and RDSS fetches it automatically on race day (though not before then).

Or, on race day if you have previously downloaded and converted a card, click the Refresh TS Ratings button on a Card Summary screen or a race Entries screen to fetch them for today's card or race.

As to whether the ProfitLine ratings are 'legit' - there has been some issue of incorrect rankings when there is a coupled entry in a race. You can always see the PL ratings at TS dirctly (without logging in to an account) by going to the TwinSpires Mobile pages for a race: https://www.twinspires.com/bet/program/todays-races, select a race, then look in the Basic PP info for a race, the right-hand column captioned Odds. Each horse shows current lived odds, then Morning Line Odds (captioned ML) then ProfitLine Odds (captioned PL). In races without coupled entries, the rankings are correct, I believe.

ProfitLine is a factor weighted into Rx3. As to how 'legit' it is, you must model that info for yourself. Others have done over the years, and found it to be useful (that's why it has a weight in Rx3). It also provides a rank for FTS horses, so that is something to use (along with the tote board) for these horses or races featuring many FTS. I have used it to great profit several years at Saratoga!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote