View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
traynor
AlwNW1X

intruders

As a developer, I understand how easy it is to duplicate the work of others, and how frustrating that can be. The example of bootstrapping is an algorithm that reverse-engineers decisions to extract a set of rules about how those decisions were made. And as a developer, I take Richie's warnings to heart--I have no desire whatsoever to post selections that would enable any relatively competent developer to extract the algorithms used to make those selections. I appreciate the advice.

Further, if you have a workable, profitable method, I strongly suggest you restrict access not just to the method itself, but to the output of that method. We have, unfortunately, found that to be essential. As Ritchie points out, it is not a very nice world.

I requested that our link, as well as any other postings I may have made that were offensive or objectionable in any way, be deleted. After reading Ritchie's posting, I realize that freely posting the output of our applications is not useful, and that it may lead to other developers stealing and using our material. Under the circumstances, I sent an email to the moderator requesting that all my postings be deleted, and my membership in this forum be cancelled immediately. That email bounced as undeliverable, so I am making the request publicly.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your various endeavors, and I especially wish Ritchie well in his handicapping and software endeavors.
Good Luck
traynor is offline   Reply With Quote