For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
FTL and Bill,

Thanks you both for taking the time to help me, I very much appreciate
it.

FTL , you really made some great points and it has helped me understand
the program better, I am using the same program you are.

I went back on a race I did yesterday and sort had the winner 3rd but
when I looked at the early and late exdc it was ranked 2nd and I missed
a 13.00 winner.

Your dead on to about being consistent in your work.

Bill, Your right about playing exactas have not been doing well with them and thanks
for the example.

Im sure I will have more questions

Jeff
The first thing is to not be confused. As an example, I told you the horses on the sort screen were ordered by EP (rank). Bill corrected that by saying they were really ordered by MUV. Ok,I say 'to-MAY-toe', Bill says 'to-MAH-toe'. The screen comes up in order of EP rank or in order of MUV. It all comes down to the same thing with one exception. You can change the MUV, but that doesn't change the EP rank. Look at the race Bill posted and look at his original sort screen. Then go to the sort screen where he changed the variegate. He now has two horses with a 0.00 MUV, but the EP rank has not changed. I just find it easier and less confusing by simply using the EP rank.

As far as the $13 winner you missed is concerned, perhaps there is a reason for missing it and perrhaps there isn't. Without seeing the screen shots I can't tell.

One thing I cannot over emphasize is, you cannot look at the sort screen like that is the order that the program is indicating the best horse is at the top and the worst horse is at the bottom. THAT IS NOT HOW IT WORKS! Just as an example, perhaps the horse in your race, that was 3rd on the sort screen, was actually THE BEST HORSE. I have no way of knowing.

I'm sorry, but you have got to get the idea of "TOP HORSES" out of you head. That is only going to mess you up.
I will say again, the sort screen is based on EP rank, nothing more and nothing less. If you are more comfortable with Bill's view, then look at the sort screen as nothing more than the horses being sorted on MUV. IT IS NOT THE PROGRAMS CHOICE OF HORSES TO BET. The ONLY exception is where the program determines the race will run EARLY. THEN and ONLY THEN is the program telling you the first two horses in the sort are the horses to play. Why? Because the program determined the race will run EARLY and the first two horses in the sort are the two EARLY horses.

Now to your question about the race where I posted screen shots.
You asked, "Why is the late match up exdc different from late exdc, the top 3 horses
are 3,5,7but when you look above at late exdc comes up 7,5,4
.”
FIRST, the “TOP 3 HORSES” are nothing more than the very same top 3 horses found on the sort screen. You will also notice the bottom 2 horses are the very same bottom 2 horses on the sort screen and in the very same order. You’ll also notice the horses are in the very same order on the left side of the screen as they are on the right side of the screen and in the very same order as they are on the sort screen.

Now, since we are looking for “LATE” energy, then we are looking at the right side of the screen, not the left side which is “EARLY” energy.
You will also notice the column headings “1st 2nd 3rd”. This is equivalent to 1st,2nd and 3rd fractions.
Notice the number next to the #7 horse under “3rd”. It is “0.00” that means this horse has the best 3rd fraction. Since we are looking for “LATE” energy, the #7 is the best horse and therefore shows above as the first horse in the graph.
Now just so you get a better understanding, the #5 is the second horse in the above graph. Why? Go back and look at the numbers under the column heading “3rd”. The second lowest number is 1.22 next to the #5 horse.
Now look at the third lowest number under the column heading “3rd”. You will see the number 1.88 and that number is next to the #4 horse who is the third horse on the above graph.

So the best horse in this race is the third horse on the sort screen.

I hope all or any of this has helped you.