Thread: Bugs List!
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #54
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorianmode View Post
Hi Ted,
(Hope this isn't addressed somewhere I missed) ...
The live link to the Tote system seems to open now, automatically.
If I'm preparing or doing something not during race time, I would like to have it off.
Is there a way to turn it off ?
Thanks.
Automatically when RDSS loads, it fetches MTP for all tracks (carried by TwinSpires world-wide, actually) once a minute.

Every 5 minutes, it fetches Changes & Scratches for any of Today's cards which are opened (i.e. Card Summary is displayed).

It fetches odds for any of these open cards when Race 1 MTP reaches 20 MTP and refreshes each 45 seconds until 1 MTP, then each 15 seconds until pools stop changing.

The tote system is not supposed to reach out over the internet for anything related to Future or Past races - only for Today's races.

Do you observe that it acts differently than above?

That said - I will be adding a switch that effectively disabled automatic tote system activity by RDSS. Only self-initiated Data Centre internet activity: TrackMaster card list refreshes, Chart and PP Downloads, and Registration Update info.

I think I'll set the default to ON (= yes, automatically seek tote system info per the above constraints). You could turn it OFF if you want.

Does that seem appropriate/useful?

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote