Thread: Bugs List!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 12:09 PM   #60
Ted Craven
Grade 1

From an email -
Quote:
Hi Ted, I downloaded and installed the latest version of Rdss 2.1, the toteboard is back and works. But I can't get the mutual prices to show up in Excel's spreadsheet? After the race is over sometimes they will show up on the RX screen but not all the time. When I copy the Rx screen to MasterTemplate4.xlsx the tote info gets copied but the Mutual Prices do not. I think I was able to copy the mutual prices the first time I used it, but after that nothing. Also sometimes the tote blacks out some of the odds on certain horses?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just wanted to tell you my experience using Rdss2.1
Are you saying that even when you CAN get Mutuels to show on the Rx screen (by clicking the Mutuels button after login to TwinSpires) - they never show up in your Excel output? That seems unusual.

Or, are you saying that sometimes you click to get Mutuels and they don't show up on the Rx screen and then they don't show up in your Excel output? That would be normal; no Mutuels on screen = no mutuels output to Excel model files.

In general, I observe and others report that sometimes Mutuels don't show up when you click on the Mutuels button on the Rx screen for a current day race with is reported Official.

I do not observe that when you can see Mutuels on the Rx screen they do not export properly. And since I don't see it and cannot duplicate that - there is nothing to test ...

Are you able to describe a sequence where this repeatedly fails? Something like: 'Worked race 1, race went Official, retrieved Mutuels on Rx screen and they showed up, exported to Excel and Mutuels did not show up. Worked race 2, same thing, same result. Worked race 3 ... etc'

Also - since I am replacing manual retrieval of Mutuels from TwinSpires with automatic Mutuels retrieval AND Excel file export (if you check a box on Config saying you want that) -- let's see in the next update (soon) whether that solves your problem of no Mutuels in Excel exports despite SEEING them in RDSS' Rx screen.

Re - 'tote blacks out some odds on certain horses' - yes, I agree, per my observation in Point #3 of my Post above. Working on it!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-14-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote