Thread: BC Sprint
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
BC Sprint

Wow, have a few early runners. With Points on the Bench sadly put down, I find at least 5 horses that have to have lead in order to win. So I am looking for a fast horse that can win anywhere from 5th or farther back.

My projected pace is 21.40 - 43.60-55.40, so the pursuers need to have done something good against something like that pace. It really limits the possible winners to Justin Phillippe (1.08), Secret Circle (107.8), The Lumber Guy (from last year's race (1.08) and my out of the clouds horse Capo Bastone - maybe only place and show, but the price could be huge! Laugh Track wins from off the pace but usually no farther back than 3rd (as does Secret Circle), so he (they) might be out of position in this duel and have to do something he has not done before.

JP winning from 4th twice and 6th once is my favorite at 6/1.

The best early horse currently is Private Zone, along with Reneeszip - both will fight for the lead along with Fast Bullet, Sum and Trinniberg.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote