View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 12:34 AM   #6
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

This I could not pass up, and give it an honest try.

It seems that you all knew Horward and Jim, well I did not have that priviledge, but wished I did, they were 1st Class people, 110% ...

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO GET FROM THE SARTIN METHODOLOGY? or WHAT DO
YOU WANT TO DO WITH IT.?

I never saw so many confused looks within a large group, in my entire life.

1. I would like to learn about the Pace of the Race, and know without doubt how the race will run, The entire race and be right 80 % or better each time, mind you this does not include having the winner, but knowing how the race set up ----let me explain

#1 and #3 have an early speed duel

#2 , #4, #5 kinda rate behind these speedster's, getting ready to pounce
( see learning which one can pounce in this race is still being learned)

#6 and #7 do not belong in this race and there pace keeps them out of the way of everyone and die early on or half way

# 8 and maybe #9 these are the closers waiting for the fast pace to clean up and power home after the speed falters
(Now learning to spot if any one of theses horses can actually win is very hard to assume/guess and act appropriately)

My desire here on this site, using RDSS is to master these scenario's, and know with out doubt how a race will play out, of course I will still be wrong often enough, but right most of time, and do it with ease, as they say just scanning the race.

I want to be able to use RDSS to help show me the Lone Speed Horse that will run, Wire to Wire , because no one in this race will challenge him, or I want to know what horses will be in position at the appropriate calls to take advantage and have the possibility to win the race, due to the pace of the race, and my knowing it well enough to see minutes after looking at a race.

Will I accomplish this, Yes I think so, the tools are here for me to do this, there are people here are doing it, and it really is not that hard to do with the right tools and right people to help you, am I right, of course.

AND THEN CAME THE QUESTION, WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO DO TOWARD THAT END?

Tough question, Yes it is, really to answer honestly, you must change your entire life to become a winner, your thinking, your personality, your actions, they must all change to become the people Doc and Jim were. Why , because they were special people who were in tuned with themselves and were winners in life as well as the Horses, and we must become the same way, we must overcome the obstacles in our life's to become better horse player, we must learn to teach and learn , not always learn and teach, give freely of your knowledge, but know when to share and when to encourage.

I read a bit about the Group of people associated with Sartin Methodology, and 1 word always comes up CLASS, a word not easily given out, but is the highest praise one can give, a class act, well not everyone says we're classy, but most do, nothing disparaging ever about Doc or Jim, or the others associated here, the People I know , Ted , Barb, Richie and Bill , and all the others too, wonderful people who all have that class flowing freely from them, class act's all of them.

Part of this group is becoming a better person, a person of class, a winner in life and also the ponies too, as it is possible., to only become a better horse player from Sartin's teachings, but in learning them ,it is very hard not to become a better person if done right, done the way it is taught to us, and that takes a sacrafice to change from your old stubborn ways and become a different person, and for older people it is harder maybe, being stubborn in their ways, or learning a certain method and not willing to forget and begin anew, wiping out the mind and starting all over, I think Barb is an example of a fresh mind starting Sartin's Methodology with no pre-concieved methods in place and has just blossomed into a wonderful handicapper, ask those who know her, as I only read about her exploits with awe, and then there are most of us, like myself, who come here with our ways from the past, speed handicappers, class handicappers, and so forth, and will always think the fastest horse will win the race, or the classiest horse should always win, but be willing to let your old ways be put aside and learn the Sartin Way takes great desire and dedication to succeed, and lots of practice and record keeping and teaching and reading and a few other things that I do not think I have been privy to yet, as I must earn the right 1st, as desire and passion are okay, but actions and great results are all things that must be done to become a winner here.

Can I change at 46 yrs of who I am, at my mid-life point , why not, the last 46 were not the best, the best is ahead, and I am with the people who can make the next 46yrs great, no doubt there, so yes I think I can change and must change to become a winner. One step at a time, and a few runs in there too and a jump now and then, but change will come to me , as I welcome it, knowing it is what I need to become a happier person in life, and better human being, and smarter , more informed horse player, one without doubt, that is a big statement, one without doubt, as doubt make you 2nd guess yourself, and Doc said listen to you, not doubt yourself, but trust yourself and watch what happens....I am tired and could on, but hope I did not stray too far from Bob's original request...if so sorry.

Hope this is what you wanted Bob, as it is a great question we must ask ourselves , and see if this is where we need to be, and for some it is not, but for me I see no other place I'd rather be, among the classiest people in horse racing , The Sartinist's, my new family

Patrick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYZUhSeRYc

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 08-30-2009 at 12:41 AM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote