View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #6
Mitch44
Grade 1

Great workup Bill. I would have used L 4 on the # 7 however it would have made no difference. I get the POR the same as you if using only TPR but normally I get it from the original screen when looking at lines to select. Regardless getting it is the main point as few pay attention to it at all. I doubt many here caught what you did or how you got it.
As I said in a previous post its a hidden class drop that the public is unaware of, but then again that's good for us.

The better horses do run 2 good fractions in a row. That is they carry their speed further and also decelerate the least to include E types. In TPR this is a little harder to detect but a better EPR helps for S types etc. , that is not being way out of it that might indicate a one run closer. In RDSS I use HE to determine this. But it can be done in TPR.

The # 4 also was the best TPR. Another separator that I've found to be good is horses that are very close in TPR that have the better LPR have momentum vs. deceleration and are the better horses for separation in the majority of races. In this ex. look at the 1 & 2 ,one length difference in TPR but the 1 is accelerating and the 2 is decelerating. Choice the 1. Ditto with the 3 & 5 ,one length diff. in TPR but the 3 is accelerating and the 5 is decelerating. Choice the 3 over the 5. With that you come up with 4,3,1. I don't normally use this for the whole race but I do use it as a separator for CLOSE HORSES AND TIES IN TPR. A down and dirty look at deceleration or Entropy? V/DC.
Great work up Bill.
Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 04-27-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote