View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 11:52 AM   #8
partsnut
BetMix User

Mitch44:

Quote:
He also believed in two horse betting as the lower priced horses kept the bankroll healthy until the good paying horse came along and than it was all profit. Betting only one horse increases loses and when that good paying horses does come along most of the profit has to be used to recoup loses rather than profit.

Two horse betting also reduces the number of loses and it helps one to make better choices because their not under pressure from a depleted bankroll. Much better decision making is enhanced by two horse betting. Far too many look at one horse betting as macho thing instead of which makes the most money. In other words its not the road you take but whether or not you get there.

Mitch, I respectfully disagree with your thinking. If you can provide a meaningful study (1000 races or races run over a 2 year period) on what you have written then I might have to change my way of thinking.
I doubt whether you can provide this.

The Doc's studies are anecdotal and as far as I know and as far as I'm concerned two horse betting reduces you're odds dramatically when you do win and in fact increases the bets you make which necessitates a larger bankroll as opposed to betting a single horse to win. If you are looking for a crutch or comfort, you are in the wrong game.

To me 2 horse betting and 20 race cycles are pure nonsense unless you can back them up with meaning data.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote