View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 08:36 AM   #11
lsosa54
Grade 1

Thanks for the look, Charlie. I definitely think Indian is beatable but I'm more looking for a horse that is G1 proven, as these are todays conditions. BTW, Indyanne may scratch out due to a fever so that will alter the pace scenario a bit.

For me and me alone, La Tee has been close in some G3's but her last win came at N2X on the turf down the hill. Tiz El won a G3 by a nk, was close in another, but failed to win two restricted handicaps.
I think I'm fooling myself if I even stick these 2 horses in the computer, since they have no final time or pace advantages, and have not shown they can compete under G1, best in the world conditions.

Dearest Trickski is another story. She beat 3yo in the La Brea but has now beaten older 3 out of 4 and won a G1 race at 7F. She would be quite a story, having been a $10,000 restricted claimer at Lone Star in April 2007 - you almost have to root for her! I still don't think she's fast enough but opinions like mine may give others value on her.

Total energy numbers can be deceiving. I would have to think Indian's win in the Santa Ynez on the previous SA poly would give you a huge total energy figure running 7f in 119.4 setting that ridiculous pace.

Last edited by lsosa54; 10-23-2008 at 08:53 AM.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote