View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #32
Tim Y
turf historian

[QUOTE=jms62;42452]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post

Tim, you make a lot of good points but how can you criticize someone for "looking backwards" when you are constantly harping about early early early. This mantra may be true from the 80's dirt tracks but it simply does not hold up today on synthetic surfaces. This weekends cup put an exclamation point on that.

For years and years I surveyed tracks and limit my wagering on early courses which abound, in spite of all of the hearsay that they are otherwise overbet. Evidence constantly backs up this contention as it is re-evaluated weekly. It is what is happening NOW at these courses:You can go to the synthetics (but then they are not anywhere close to being the same, course to course, as Woodbine barely changed energy distributions over the last several seasons and gets crazy early in the cold). For the rest of the synthetics, I simply watch, recognizing those changes as closers have MANY inherent problems with traffic, etc,

Also if you re-read my statement about this, it is NA Breeding, a contention that I predicted would eventually show up and voiced that opinion years ago in a BLOODHORSE editorial that I believe to be responsible for the shift on Saturday along with the change of course.

Last edited by Tim Y; 10-30-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote