View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
dugoutgold
Grade 1

running dos apps on a widescreenlaptop

For sometime I have been "attempting" to try to get the Comand prompt screen to resize both on an older sony widescreen desktop and my latest, an hp laptop with a 17inch widescreen. Oh yes, i sent to Microslops help and tryed to reset the buffers etc and nothing worked. i just gave up on the idea untill...I downloaded Tamedos for the deskto as I wantedto give the processer a break, (It was really in overload when I had spec, phonebets tote board, video, and other apps running at the same time.) and noticed that when using it in the default mode the spec screen was somewhat larger than the usual screen. Hmm, I thought wonder if this would work on a widescreen? Answer? sure does! Just dont try to fill the entire widescreen with it.
With the later Sartin programs this works fine. Warning:! dont try with the other programs that fill up the entire screen to run them on a widescreen, you will see what looks like a closeup of an old lava lamp. Also the machine will lock and will will have to turn the machine off as the vulcan nerve pinch,ie: the 3 finger reset will not even work.
So if you have a widescreen machine or plan on getting one and thinking about running spec/ val etc on it keep this in mind.

Good hunting Doug
dugoutgold is offline   Reply With Quote