View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 09:04 PM   #1
Lt1
Grade 1

Uncoupled Entry Angle

Just thought I would expand on this since it keyed a big day at Parx for myself and especially DarMar[Darryl March]. I first became aware of this angle when I was doing capping for former NY leading trainer Gasper Moschera. He explain to me that when a trainer entered an uncoupled entry[except in a rabbit situation which is rare today] he[she] feels that either half can win today and to pay attention to the longer price part. For the most part the better trainers score the most often with the angle but the lesser trainers' horses usually pay box car prices when they hit. In r10 today the #1 and #5 were an uncoupled entry trained by a low % trainer. Neither looked like much but the 5 was a little better overall. I gave a look to the #1 as a possible LS using line 2. It didn't qualify as a Richie Mathie LS play since it only had a 2 rank in VDC and no CSR rank, however, I took a look at the BL/BL screen and discovered that it had all kinds of corollary
support. It ranked 3rd epr & lpr,and 2nd cpr ,fw, fx &vdc on the primaries, and #2 on all the supplemental and fractals ranks and going off at 42-1. It won and pd $87.40. For the record I've haven't tracked the win% or avg win price but I do know it is a good angle to look for.
Tim