View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 04:59 PM   #21
kahunab
Grade 2

Addendum to the Nov 23 Webinar: What Can We Learn from the Entries Dashboard: Part 2

Last night we did the video seminar and toward the end we handicapped two races rather quickly through some technology problems and other issues. So, the end result was yours truly here not doing what he was trying to teach and therefore miscalled both races.

So if you will indulge me, I would like to review both races because there are some lessons here for all of us. I will point out my errors as we go. Or maybe not?

MNR Race 5

Name:  Picture1.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  110.0 KB

We see here on the Entries Screen several things. One, by our criteria from the first article we have 4 contenders for Win. Two, we have a lone E7 with two EP5s and a P3 in our contenders. It looks like the 2 horse can get out front, will anyone catch him? It looks like this race just from running styles will be decided Early.

Name:  Picture2.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  83.7 KB

Shaded early we look at the horses up close in the early fractions and we see 4,2,6 up close. The 3 horses have good VDC with the 2 the worst of the 3. It does look like maybe the 2 can get caught.

Name:  Picture3.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  95.5 KB

Here we see looking at our top 3 horses that the 4 has strong ratings across the board but is really deficient in CSR. The 6 has good ratings and good speed. The 2 horse looks good early but drops off a bit late. Notice the preceptor total for the 2 is a significant drop-off. It is looking more and more like the 4 or 6 will catch the 2.

Name:  Picture4.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  101.5 KB

When looking at the 4 ratings that Rmath got us onto, VDC,CSR,PL, BPP it appears that the top two horse are the 2 and the 6. Does the 2 get caught ... ?

Name:  Picture5.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  89.8 KB

It looks like the 6 caught him out of the gate and the 2 never led. The race was decided very early. I read the race too quickly and thought the 4 would be the horse to catch the 2 if anyone did. So I suggested the win would come from the 2 or the 4. But we did get the shading right. Reading it this way our top 3 earliest horses finish 1,3,4 and the earliest secondary contender ran 2nd.

(continued ...)

'Something magical happens when you bring together a group of people from different disciplines with a common purpose.' Mark Stefik Palo Alto Research Centre Fellow

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-24-2021 at 07:32 PM.
kahunab is offline   Reply With Quote