Thread: Lasix in PPs
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 10:13 AM   #6
mick
Abiding Student

Both DRF and BRIS are "value added" resellers of the Equibase data. Equibase/TrackMaster does not provide trainer/jockey stats with its own PPs. Working on another project, I downloaded both Equibase and TrackMaster cards and compared them to the RDSS. (By the way, TrackMaster is a wholly owned subsidiary of Equibase and makes the speed ratings for both companies.)

DRF and BRIS maintain their own databases with additional (and proprietary) information such as T/J data and sire/pedigree ratings that each has derived from the basic Equibase data and other sources. TimeFormUS also provides T/J and pedigree ratings but I'm not sure of the source. (Its parent company is a European behemoth with substantial resources to do anything it wants. It would not surprise me if TimeForm eventually absorbs DRF.)

Perhaps the easiest and cheapest way to obtain T/J and pedigree ratings is to open a betting account with Twinspires and download the BRIS PPs through their website. If you bet the track, there's no charge and there's no minimum on the bet size. From time to time, I'll download a card and make a $2 Show bet on a favorite. You can do the same thing with DRF Bets but there was a $25 bet minimum the last time I did that.

Illustrated Glossary
mick is offline   Reply With Quote