View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #5
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pook View Post
I am not that familiar with Excel. Fooling around with modelling. Can anyone tell me how to keep the count current. When I insert rows to add data the count at the bottom of the master template stays at 18. I have 250 rows or so. When I filter I want it to count the filtered rows without physically entering row info in each relevant counting cell. Must be some simple thing I am overlooking. See below.

Thanks
Pook
Look at the range for the COUNT. The easy way is to add new lines, inside the existing range. If you enter a new line outside the range you will need to edit the range so that the count and the other things get considered. so in this example add a line between lines 159 and 187 and the count will update.

In the three lines that follow you need to follow the format shown for % ranked #1. on the next line use the same range but instead of "=1" change it to "=2",etc. You can copy this info straight from the template subdirectory and just change the range to fit your data.

This screen shot is from the current PRX 6 furlong maiden summary and it shows that the top three BL and Vdc win 84% of the time when in the top 3 and 89% in the top 4.

Name:  ScreenHunter_1254 Jan. 27 17.25.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  58.5 KB
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote