View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 03:05 PM   #16
Fastracehorse
Maiden

Hi,
New to this forum
Was a member of the old DRF community and posted selections for a few years until they closed it - but enjoying the PAIHL contest on Paceadvantage ( some real good handicappers from all over the net competing for about 4 months )
- the scorer and contest organizer is super duper

on the first day of the contest there was a 30-1 at GP that won; and i believe 10 out of the 50 teams had it, my team fluked the x

i am definitely a longshot player - how i find value is learn how to pick them

probably my best angle is an adjusted speed fig - you guys know "key-race" theory?
"key-race" tabulating is alot of work and somehow I developed a very accurate speed fig on the shoulders of key race theory - which freed up alot of work

w/ these speed figs there are alot of overlays cuz alot of published figs don't acknowledge how a horse got from point A to point B; they just measure how long it took

being a fig player i've also learned alot of their weaknesses, and alot about the Universiality of the game; it's amazing how trainers do the same things over and over, for the last 70 years!

form, not as tactile as a speed fig, but just as important

OK, so now U know I'm a value player; and I love the originator of this thread: I too have never understood the need for a value/odds line

if u see a horse is by far the best aren't you going to use him?
why do u need a value line to determine if a bet is worthy?
it makes it seem value-line betting is more about economics than handicapping - it's intelligent, but how relevant

sometimes U have to take 3-1 if it looks like all systems go

the most important aspect of value-line handicapping is the amount of work that goes into creating a line; i have so much work to do evaluating competiton i'm not really concerned w/ "i'm getting fair value" - in this game we try and find niches where we create our own value, through horizontal exotics for example

anyways, i'm sure someone will take me to task

fffastt
Fastracehorse is offline   Reply With Quote