Thread: May 23 2020
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 11:31 AM   #20
The Pook
Grade 1

I am glad that you guys joined up. It was meant to be a diversion, which it has been during this pandemic. And then it turned into a memorial for Bill, which is good. Like I wrote, I find it fun and I am glad others do too.

Any future ones won't be a daily thing. They will be like before. On weekends most likely with players taking turns posting races. But this format has sufficed for what this was meant to do. Help get us through these odd times. I do find interesting the various approaches to a race that you guys come up with. Some guys are pure Sartin, or pure Matchup, or with mixes of trainers, class drops, first time doing this or that. The support for so many different horses amongst only 10 players is amazing at times. Other times we all pretty much have it figured out with only two or three choices. Quite a few races are lottery type plays that you wouldn't play in real life, but do anyway because... hey, it's a contest and they are sitting right there, and you might get lucky. I think that is the achilles heel in these things.

Anyways thanks for the appreciation. Not that I was looking for it. Nobody asked me to set it up. I didn't anticipate the grind that 7 days a week for two months straight would be. Probably doesn't help that I play the rest of the cards also. Which I usually do, but with breaks.

Everybody have a fun final week. Hopefully this quarantining eases off soon.

Pook