View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

gptx:

Your correct in the direction to go and that is to follow Sartin guidelines to pick a line from the last 3 at a comparable distance and surface. Comparable distance means within 1 furlong of todays distance and surface means the same .

FWIW I don't use off track lines except if a turf race and the horse doesn't have a turf line . Sloppy or off tracks lines are interchangeable with turf races but only if no turf lines exist. I don't even use off track lines even when the track is muddy or sloppy. My experience is the best horse still wins. The percentage of actual mudders so to speak is very minimal and more of and old wife's tale than actual fact.

As far as the X and O's that was circa 1989 or so. I consider that a waste of valuable handicapping time. Every race and line for every horse is rated in RDSS and a Sartin advancement, so this is already done for you. I would suggest you make use of and employ the Preceptor tool in determining which line is best to use. The Preceptor uses the 7 Primary factors to rate each line of a horse against its self and is much more proficient at rating a line than the old X and O's. The X & O's is subjective whereas the Preceptor is extremely much more accurate.No subjectivity and all the work is already done by the RDSS program and computer.

Good line hunting and picking.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote