Thread: form factors
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajohn3times View Post
Hello everyone!
I don't know if this is the place for this inquiry or not??
After having a good day yesterday at Woodbine and Gulfstream(caught a 92.00 horse who was # 2 on bl/bl!)
After reviewing my plays over the last few weeks or so,I find a nagging problem:
HOW CAN YOU TRY TO FIGURE OUT IF A HORSE IS GOING OF FORM?
I know it's not an exact science but does anyone have any suggestion,ideas or statistics that point to a horse not being ready TODAY to run to his/her potential?
Any help would as usual be so much appreciated!
Papa John
A sudden change of running style or energy distribution could point to a change in form. If you’re a believer in class maneuvers, a sudden drop in claim price or even a negative trainer change may indicate a horse going off form. Front wraps on or off could signal form.

Bottom line is this: only the connections really and truly know how a horse is feeling, and sometimes, they don’t even know until after the race is over. Physicality handicapping in the paddock/post parade can give you an idea, but it’s a guess at best, and you really have to know what to look for and practice. Horse’s health is not a rateable stat or info in PPs, therefore, determining value is even more important, as horses can cycle good and bad very quickly. As the old saying goes, “if you missed the wedding, don’t bother showing up to the funeral.”
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote