View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 12:48 PM   #12
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thanks MicK.

There are at times where the Preceptor rates more that one race very close. Here is how I handle that situation.

Do as Mick states and hold down the control key than pick more than one line for the horse and it will rate both on BLBL

BLBL is better than the Preceptor for evaluation of a line because it considers all the horses whereas the Preceptor only considers the horse itself.

The Preceptor will 95% or better give you the correct line however it doesn't consider the match up of contenders such as BLBL does. But when the Preceptor ratings are very close without a nice gap what I do is the following:

1. Pick lines for all your other contenders.

2. Come back and compare more than one line for the horse in question. This allows BLBL to use its full power such as the match up and determine the correct line when unsure between two lines.

3. If the horse in question is your first contender for line selection your at the mercy of the programs automatic line selection being correct for proper evaluation by the readouts in the final pane screen with final readouts of all horses, such as BLBL. Much easier to come back after confirming or picking lines for your other 4 contenders.

4. For success all lines picked by the program should be reviewed for confirmation and that you concur, or you'll incur unnecessary loses. I confirm with the Preceptor.

Sartin taught back in the 1990's to use the power of the program and computer to decide on a line rather than your own bias or what you think is the correct line. The program is smarter than us in many ways.

Its not the norm to find very close rankings in the Preceptor but when confronted with it the solution is a simple one.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote