Thread: Cigar Mile
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

Say what!!! "Even if he wins it doesn't prove anything." Ha ha ha That's incredible as I would say it proves much if he does win, it proves he's the better horse on that day against that field at that dis. and surface. "He's been ducking . . . " I would not call having a medical problem or an injury ducking anything except smart handling by the connections,a distinct difference.

I believe we haven't seen the best of Max. Sec. yet and the set backs may just have allowed him to achieve his full potential whereas others have been run into the ground chasing the Triple Crown and other big races.

As much as I like Max. Sec. the low odds and the fact the race means little to the long range plans and goals for Max., which is the Pegasus at GP. This race at 8 F is merely a stepping stone or intermediate objective to his 4 year old season. He's being prepped for more longer distances races where the better purses ,fame and breeding objectives can be met. Only time and demonstrated performance will accomplish that and only a few achieve that loftily goal. I wish him success and racing needs a star.

Betting horses that are prepping for other races and especially at low odds has always been a poor bet in racing. He is worth a $2 bet and to cheer him on. Opinions are what makes this Merry Go Round turn.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote