View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 11:16 AM   #17
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorianmode View Post
Ok, here it is ... sorry it took so long. (heh heh) ...
So ... I expanded the formulas to allow for 10,000 races.

Also I fixed the filter function, and took out the "dummy data".

The nice thing about the filters (which may not have been working properly in the sheet you uploaded ... but they are now)...is that as you did here, you can put ALL your data in one sheet, (ONE PLACE) and then use filters to look at what you want.

There is a filter applicable now to EVERY column. That means you can apply multiple filters at the same time ... for example if you were to first filter to chose just Belmont races, then second, add another filter to pick just turf races, ... look at what the "small function" tells you ! It tells you that 85 % of the Belmont turf races fall generally in the #1 position in most of the RDSS calculations. That might be very useful for one to know. There are endless variations of these filter combinations that will come to mind for the excellent creative astute handicappers here.

Always save an extra copy somewhere, before changing anything so if you or your computer messes up the sheet, you can restore it easily.

Also be careful about leaving "on" filters you don't want. Below is a little screen shot of what a filter looks like, when its "on". The little funnel is up.

If you see other changes or additional functions you want, let me know.
Tom
(Dorianmode)
Thank you Tom! I will be sure to incorporate your improvements to the model sheets when I release the next version of it (and send you some samples to test before hand).

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote