View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 10:35 AM   #5
gptx
AlwNW1X

Thanks Guys,

I definitely understand "comparable surface and distance."

What I am trying to do is settle on a consistent method of paceline selection. I feel I am a little all over the place sometimes (most times) with deciding which line to use.

I feel the direction I want to go is to settle on best of last three comparable surface/distance. Too many times I choose the last line "just" because it was a good line. Then after the fact, reviewing the race I see the second or third race back was a better line but I ignored it "just" because the last line was a good line, and it is ingrained in my mind that the most recent race is best. Too much emphasis on recency. Not that recency is unimportant, just saying that if better lines are not to far back I should consider them.

So with pluses/zeros (colored/underlined in the program) I am thinking that a + or (+) should serve as confidence to go back another line (best last three comparable) if another line is better. And not rigidly stick to the last race only because it shows some kind of decent form at some point in the line.
gptx is offline   Reply With Quote