View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:06 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Methodology

Papa
I use certain tools and follow certain guidelines within the methodology.
The best preceptor is one of many DIFFERENT options we can employ
It's not that I don't think you will do great with the preceptor totals
I just choose not to pay attention to them.

Some of the best users focus on the preceptor. Others use speed ratings, or total energy, or
TPR or Med energy. I know a couple of excellent handicappers that only use the visual Match Up. I also know a few men who don't use RDSS at all. They are happy and get solid results using old Dos methodology programs like ENERGY.

When you say,"when Bill V does a race(and others also) he says that "I will use his last race because it was a plus line"

I am not selecting that line solely on the fact that it is a plus paceline.
I am looking for + or maybe (+) pacelines of course but that includes
other factors.
I focus on the last paceline first, If I feel the last line is not a representative line of what the horse does when in form, at today's distance surface or class\ total energy, I move to the next line and ask the same questions again. Till I find a plus paceline in a recent form cycle window, that is the line
I use to *calculate my phase 1 numbers. I follow the lessons and examples from the original pace line manual and The original Pace Makes the Race
I do very well, but I also do very well using the best speed rating of the last 3 at a comparable distance/ surface, The way I worked races with Doc many times. The key is to believe in what you feel is best.

* RDSS calculates

The very best advice I can ever pass to other Methodology users is.
Settle on one set of criteria for picking pacelines, and focus on readouts you feel give you the best chance to win.

I will show 3 horses I bet today 2 of them won and the other placed
The #2 horse from Evangeline and the 8 and 7 from This.

All 3 times I used a recent plus pace line at a comparable distance and
surface starting with line 1
I paid absolutely no attention to the preceptor. Did this hurt me of help me?
that is not important, what helped me is I looked for things that I know work for me.
any questions I will be glad to help
Hope you find you comfort zone

Name:  last winner.JPG
Views: 1219
Size:  213.1 KB

Name:  8 THN.JPG
Views: 1093
Size:  214.4 KB

Name:  7 thn.JPG
Views: 1021
Size:  221.0 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote