View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 09:16 PM   #57
SouthSideRob
AlwNW1X

I didn't mean to imply anything Mitch. I guess I wanted you and all the readers to understand that I am trying to understand the variables and not necessarily replicate them. The EPR, LPR, and TPR (I believe) come from Pace Makes the Race. Why they have a universal parallel chart in that book, it appears RDSS has their own custom chart for each track or, it adjusts for track variant ect... 80 is considered par or average. 90's and up are very fast to the pace call while 90's and up in the LPR (or FFR as the book calls it) would be very fast abilities after the pace call. (Guessing good turf runners might see FFR's in the 90's). TPR is just the two numbers added together which might be called CPR on the RDSS (or, it might not). If I'm (In the ballpark) of what those values hold, I'm happy with that in that while it is used to rank among other horses, I now have a relative idea of what it represents which is what I was looking for. For example, if I see a horse ranked #1 with a 95, I can probably expect him to slow after the pace call but what if I have a horse ranked #1 with an 82? I may want to test when the ranked #1 horse is lower, how many times was it able to finish 1st or 2nd? That's what I like to do. I'm not against seeing how many times the #1 ranked horse did in (pick a factor) did in its last 20 races, I like to utilize the value as well. Again, I'm a stat geek and just can't help myself