View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 06:03 PM   #3
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Thanks Mitch,

One thing I was surprised at was the LB at 2nd Call data and how much of it was a lot closer than what TIM, LT1, had produced, but having looked at my paceline choices it was clear that several were from lines where the horse was more than 4 L back and it was the internal adjustments in the program that made it come together so that, overall, 63% of winners were no more than 2.5 L back at the 2c call once the program adjusted for variants, etc.

For pacelines I try to find representative lines near zero track variant and no more than +/- 5, sometimes +/- 10. I think that above -15 fast tracks give too much advantage to horses with those lines (unless all the contenders have representative lines at that amount), so as a consequence my lines may go a lot deeper in the PPs than others to find those lines, BUT, the lines I choose are within the horse's normal/average running line based on its TPR style. Also, no off tracks on dirt, but firm and good on turf are okay, for me.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote