View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 06:40 PM   #70
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Agreed it's an interesting angle. Just for clarity -

On Sept 4 at Del Mar, across 11 races there were Uncoupled Entries (UCE) in 10 races, a total of 15 separate UCEs, sometimes 2 or 3 in the same race (e.g. Races 4,8,9,11). Baffert had 3 UCEs in Race 5.

Of these 15 UCEs which cost $62 for $2 Win bets on all horses involved, 5 hit paying collectively $89.70 for $2 - a profit of $27.70 or 44.6%. As mentioned, the last race UCE paid $26.20, or almost all of the profit on this angle for the day. More often, the longer odds or equally long odds entry won, often hard to skip the bet on a lower odds UCE horse. Still, nice day for the UCE angle

Maybe this was a typical day for this angle at a big track. Possibly not. It will be interesting when the RDSS update is ready making UCE's more visible, to see how this angle fares. I believe there are MORE aspects to deciding when to go with this angle and when to ignore it; when to make additional 'more likely' bets in the same race (thus watering down UCE profits when it hits) and when to hold your nose and put a deuce on the angle and then stick with your regular scheduled analysis.

In other words - NOT a magic bullet (as usual ). Not to rain on anyone's parade about nice hits especially when they all come on a single big day of racing (and especially if you had a few of them), though (as I frequently tell people reporting to me AMAZING ANGLES) - please show me ALL the hits and MISSES for the angle. Otherwise, the glowing reports can seem less genuine.

I thought I'd do it here for DMR Sept 4, but I welcome a similar Profit/Loss analysis from other days, now and then (including hits and misses).

Your faithful reporter ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote